Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's Sabotage

Let's be real here. I let this blog down. I let my readers down. Most of all I let myself down. I don't need to blog about weight loss by any means but I do need to do something about it. 
I haven't been pushing myself. I have been letting myself have treat after treat. I haven't gained anything back (thank goodness) but I haven't moved on the scale at all either. 
So why do we do it? Why do we self-sabotage? Why do we stop pushing after we did so much work?
I honestly wish I knew. I wish I could stay on that mind track of only clean foods, no sugar, no candy, no indulging. I am sure my lack of will power says something about me or my past or to get all Freud on everyone, my childhood. It happens. It happens to everyone. I have seen people who have lost hundreds of pounds slip back in that spiral of bad habits. It sucks. 
There is good news though! You can stop it. I can stop it! I recognized that I am not doing what I need to be doing to achieve the goals I have. So each step from here when I pick up that doughnut I need to stay to myself, will that doughnut get you where you want to be in a year from no and usually the answer will be no. Unless they come out with a super weight loss doughnut, just one doughnut and I am down a whole size. (Someone please come up with that.) 
Seriously some people can eat whatever they want without thinking about it. I unfortunately am not one of those people. I have stomach issues and I gain weight just by thinking of pizza. So each bite, each swallow needs to be conscious of what is going into my body. Now the next person who sees me eating ice cream better not even be like "but you said.....". We can all have a cheat meal but the problem is letting the "cheat" meal turn into a cheat week or a cheat month. You need to learn when to stop. 
So here is to making more of an effort on meal planning, food prep and avoiding that junk food. I hope you all join me in making some positive food choices from this post on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment